Whipple Ford Mustang GT 5.0L 2018-2019 Supercharger Intercooled Stage 2 Kit W185AX 3.0L
While Whipple broke many rules and records with its record setting S550 supercharger system, holding the title of the most powerful, most advanced supercharger system available, we weren't satisified and decided to build an all new supercharger from the ground up.
Stage 2 kit comes with everything in Stage 1 along with a 132mm throttle body.
There are many options available for Whipple Supercharger kits. If you have any questions please email sales@TREperformance.com or call 760-586-5617.
These supercharger kits are the most complete available, including everything needed for installation. This includes all mounting brackets for the blower, pullies, belts, intercooler, all the tubing, piping, fittings and clamps and even oil for the self contained lubricating system. You do not need to make any major modifications or purchase special tools or other parts. Many customers install in their garage or driveway over a weekend.
The new, direct and port injected supercharger system features the brand new Generation 5 3.0L front feed twin-screw supercharger. Not to be confused with the Gen 3 or 4, this all new supercharger features industry leading efficiency from idle to redline. All new bearings, gears, rotors and housing allow the new supercharger to spin faster, longer and safer while producing more power than any other positive displacement supercharger ever built.
The 2018/19 also features an all new triple intercooler design that has even more volume and surface area than the already massive Whipple Cooler that cooled the Ford Cobra Jets and all the record setting S550 Mustangs. Couple this with the industry's leading heat exchanger, water reservoir and intercooler pump, you get more power with lower boost levels and quicker recovery times after aggressive operation.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in it’s ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower boost and torque output until the problem can be cured. No other calibration in the field has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability. Each Whipple kit comes with unique software and a OBDII flash tool giving the customer the ability to flash/update whenever needed. Each customer also gets the new Flight Control Software, ability to adjust wheel/axle size, octane adjustment, crank/cam relearn and many other unique features. The Whipple Tomahawk flash tool that allows easy uploading and downloading of the custom files. The Tomahawk also features read and erase trouble codes, live data and data logging capacity.
Generation 5 W185AX 3.0L supercharger head unit, 10-11 psi
Highly effective air-to-water intercooler
Fuel Pump Supplied: High Flow Fuel Pump Upgrade
Fuel Injectors Supplied: 38 lb/hr Dual Pattern Fuel Injectors
Computer/Ignition Mods.: Tomahawk Flash Tool Supplied
132mm Throttle Body included with the Stage 2 Kit
The most power per pound of boost on the market!
Easy and quick installation
System is 100% complete with OEM quality and appearance
New Gen 5 3/4 rotor design gives more power and will really shine the harder its pushed.
Complete With All Necessary Parts & Hardware For Installation
No Internal Modifications Required
TREperformance is an Authorized Installing Dealer of Whipple Superchargers.
Custom made and shipped direct from Whipple in 5-10 business days!
- Largest intercooler system on the market, featuring triple core technology
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box (nearly double the stock horsepower)
- Front entry Gen 5 W185ax (3.0 liters/3000cc) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 2.3L and 2.65L roots-type systems
- Gen 5 supercharger features new 3x4 rotor combination for increased RPM capacity, large diameter for increased airflow and small leak path, increased helix for optimal sealing
- 3.0L is 13% larger than 2.65L roots-type allowing lower power draw and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- Oversized Crusher™ 150mm inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
- Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler (over 55% larger than some competition) offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
- High flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Included OBDII flash tool, new Tomahawk flash tool with the new Flight Control technology
- Tomahawk allows wheel/tire axle changes (a Whipple exclusive)
- 38 lb/hr dual pattern fuel injectors vs stock 17lb/hr stock injectors
- Exclusive 3x4 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x4 roots
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop and better use of the increased surface area of the massive intercooler core
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps, 150% more volume than competition, standard with every kit
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No cutting or grinding on the engine block
- No cutting or grinding the K-brace
- No internal modifications required
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- Optional 10-rib belt system with matching 6061 T6 billet pulleys
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation
- Complete kits and competition kits are available
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with bigger throttle body (132mm or 150mm Roval elliptical), dual electric Spal 11" high speed fans, optional supercharger pulleys
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- Easy belt changes
- Lightweight pocketed 6061 T6 billet aluminum SC pulley
- NGK Iridium spark plugs included
The Whipple Advantage
The Whipple Advantage is designed into every Whipple SC system. This advantage is broken down into 5 categories during the design and testing phases which truly sets Whipple apart from others:
1. Best power for money.
2. Most complete package.
3. Maximum power.
4. Maximum power expandability.
5. Aesthetic appeal.
What does this mean? You get it all, in one package. Massive power gains with the biggest superchargers, biggest intercoolers, biggest intercooler systems, biggest air-inlet systems while providing robust belt systems and heavy-duty spring tensioners. The intake manifold is designed with high velocity in mind, while increasing plenum volume to lower pressure loss at high power applications.
You then get OEM style fuel and vacuum hoses with nylon sheaving for added protection and appeal, OEM style quick connect fittings with billet aluminum fittings. No ugly brass fittings hanging off the inlet like some others. Wire extensions are injection molded to allow simple plug-and-play installations. Each system also has multiple options for increased performance such as oversized heat-exchangers with dual fans, billet high flow throttle bodies, oversized cold air intake systems just to name a few.
Each kit comes with step-by-step instruction manuals printed in color to help all installers, including the do-it-yourselfer. Kits come with all the fasteners, all color matched for proper aesthetic appeal.
So don’t be fooled by others, there is no comparing to the Whipple supercharger systems, simply the top of the line packages designed and built to exceed all expectations.
Leaving no stone unturned, Whipple's revolutionary system for the Ford 5.0L Coyote engines is truly resetting the standards of supercharging. With its massive front feed inlet, typical inlet inefficiencies are a thing of the past. Featuring the all new ground breaking, Gen 5 inverted supercharger with the triple intercooler technology.
Other positive displacement superchargers sacrificed plenum volume and runner size while Whipple engineer's used every square inch available to open the volume of the manifold, allowing for future expansion of power levels. Small runner and small volume manifolds cause excess boost "build-up" giving you manifold pressure, not proper cylinder pressure. This results in high boost, low power scenario's with excess heat from the lack of proper flowing air volume.
Whipple didn't just stop there, knowing that the Coyote motors love boost, Whipple’s team squeezed in not one, but three high density intercooler cores featuring variable thickness to maximize airflow and cooling capacity. The triple coolers allow for maximum surface area to promote equal distribution and increased cooling. Cooler air equals denser air which equals more power at each boost level while being safer on engine components.
The bigger intercooler alone wasn’t enough, in previous generations, the supercharger discharge was typically too far forward from the intercooler core, and sandwiched so close to the core on top that the core’s surface area was not properly utilized. With the new 3.0L Gen 5, Whipple was able to increase the volume and distance above the intercooler core, as well as doing the same below. This issue, like some of our competition, increases the “boost” in the manifold, but not at the valves and combustion chamber. This means high boost, low power and high discharge temps. Whipple’s front feed system has a rear discharge port at nearly the center of the IC core. Through countless CFD analysis, Whipple’s design utilizes nearly the entire intercooler core, resulting in less pressure drop and cooler temps for increased power levels.
Another great feature to the Whipple Coyote kits is the oversized heat exchanger, nearly 150% more volume than the competition, oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir and optional dual fan kit. The oversized heat exchanger is nearly the size of the engine radiator, giving incredible cooling capacity for daily driving, drag racing or road racing. Get the dual Spal fan kit option and increase the airflow over the heat exchanger. The Whipple oversized aluminum reservoir is again a unique feature included with every kit. The aluminum reservoir is remote mounted in the driver side inner fender, keeping it in the cool area away from engine heat, along with having over 1.2 gallons of capacity in the reservoir alone! Giving the intercooler system well over 2 gallons of capacity. This means cooler air temps, less heat soak and more power!
The Whipple S550 Mustang system uses custom made Magnetti Marelli 38lb/hr (@ 3 bar) dual spray pattern fuel injectors and billet fuel rails. Every fuel line and rubber hose is emissions compliant and features quick connect style for simple installation. Each injector is pre-tested and flow matched. No other fuel system mods are required.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 65.0 lbs.
- W18.0000” x H18.0000” x L60.0000”
- Free Basic Shipping
- This item ships in its own box.
- FREE continental USA ground shipping on ALL Whipple Supercharger Systems!
- TRE Performance Difference
- We're the ExpertsAsk us anything. We are the professionals!
- Largest SelectionIf you don't find the part, we'll get it for you!